Frankie Focus says: Ethical Focus is about learning to
- Be respectful of others
- Control your behavior
- Follow through on your promises
- Be a community member
- Value traditions and institutions
- Find positive meaning in life
- Build an ethical identity
- Reach for your potential
- Cultivate wisdom
The 4 Component Model
- Ethical Sensitivity - Evidence of concern for others and awareness of the consequences of one's actions.
- Ethical Judgment - Shows characters deliberating about ethical choices.
- Ethical Focus - Addresses the ethical demand in the situation, prioritizing moral goals and responsibilities over selfish interests.
- Ethical Action - Has a character who takes several steps to reach a moral goal and perseveres to complete the ethical action.