Jesse Judgment says: Ethical Judgment is about learning to
- Think critically about solving problems
- Solve ethical problems
- Think about what are the best goals to have and how to reach them
- Reflect on your choices and decisions
- Know what rules to follow when
- Make right and good choices
- Understand what the consequences of certain actions or decisions are
- Cope with disappointment and anger
- Be resilient
The 4 Component Model
- Ethical Sensitivity - Evidence of concern for others and awareness of the consequences of one's actions.
- Ethical Judgment - Shows characters deliberating about ethical choices.
- Ethical Focus - Addresses the ethical demand in the situation, prioritizing moral goals and responsibilities over selfish interests.
- Ethical Action - Has a character who takes several steps to reach a moral goal and perseveres to complete the ethical action.