Harold and the Purple Crayon
by Crockett Johnson
Harold and the Purple Crayon is about a series of events and imagination . The genre of the story is Cartoon/comic, the setting is Fantasy.
One night, Harold decided to go on a moonlit walk with his purple crayon. He used the crayon to draw his adventure, and eventually drew himself inside his own bed.
Moral reasoning in the story focuses on self concern.
The theme of the story is With some imagination you can create wonderful worlds
- Ecological Citizenship/Preserving nature
The 4 Component Model
- Ethical Sensitivity - Evidence of concern for others and awareness of the consequences of one's actions.
- Ethical Judgment - Shows characters deliberating about ethical choices.
- Ethical Focus - Addresses the ethical demand in the situation, prioritizing moral goals and responsibilities over selfish interests.
- Ethical Action - Has a character who takes several steps to reach a moral goal and perseveres to complete the ethical action.