Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse
by Kevin Henkes
Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse is about morality . The genre of the story is Comedy and Cartoon/comic, the setting is Contemporary.
Lilly loves her new purple plastic purse, but when she tries to share it out of turn, her beloved teacher is forced to confiscate it for the rest of the day. Furious, Lilly submits an angry description of her teacher, which she later regrets. At the end, she apologizes, and learns to control similar outbursts
Moral reasoning in the story focuses on concern for relationships.
The theme of the story is When you've done something wrong, be sure to apologize.
The story is sometimes rude.
There is stereotyped age differences in the story.
- Social Responsibility
- Unreflective/Don't think of consequences of actions
The 4 Component Model
- Ethical Sensitivity - Evidence of concern for others and awareness of the consequences of one's actions.
- Ethical Judgment - Shows characters deliberating about ethical choices.
- Ethical Focus - Addresses the ethical demand in the situation, prioritizing moral goals and responsibilities over selfish interests.
- Ethical Action - Has a character who takes several steps to reach a moral goal and perseveres to complete the ethical action.