The Story of Johnny Appleseed
The Story of Johnny Appleseed is about self-enhancement, prudence, a series of events, and descriptive of causes. The genre of the story is Mythology/folktale, the setting is Historical, and the heritage is North American.
John Chapman followed the word of God and served his country by planting apple seeds all over the country.
Moral reasoning in the story focuses on concern for relationships and concern for law and order.
The theme of the story is Give generously and without discriminating, even if the gift is simple.
There is religion/spirituality in the story and respect for the religion is shown .
- Hard work
- Altruism/Unselfish care for others
- Ecological Citizenship/Preserving nature
The 4 Component Model
- Ethical Sensitivity - Evidence of concern for others and awareness of the consequences of one's actions.
- Ethical Judgment - Shows characters deliberating about ethical choices.
- Ethical Focus - Addresses the ethical demand in the situation, prioritizing moral goals and responsibilities over selfish interests.
- Ethical Action - Has a character who takes several steps to reach a moral goal and perseveres to complete the ethical action.