Nine Days to Christmas
by Marie Hall Ets & Aurora Labastida
Nine Days to Christmas is about a series of events |. The genre of the story is Drama, the setting is Historical, and the heritage is Hispanic/Latino.
Five year old Ceci is told that she will be able to take part in her first ever posada (a party that is part of a Mexican Christmas celebration). In the days leading up to the festival, she gets to participate in many traditions.
Moral reasoning in the story focuses on self concern and concern for relationships.
The theme of the story is Good things are worth waiting for.
The religion/spirituality in the story is judeo-christian and respect for the religion is shown .
There is stereotyped culture/race/ethnicity/nationality in the story.
- Includes others
- Unreflective/Don't think of consequences of actions
The 4 Component Model
- Ethical Sensitivity - Evidence of concern for others and awareness of the consequences of one's actions.
- Ethical Judgment - Shows characters deliberating about ethical choices.
- Ethical Focus - Addresses the ethical demand in the situation, prioritizing moral goals and responsibilities over selfish interests.
- Ethical Action - Has a character who takes several steps to reach a moral goal and perseveres to complete the ethical action.