Time of Wonder
by Robert McCloskey
Time of Wonder is about morality |. The genre of the story is Drama, the setting is Realistic, and the heritage is North American.
A family summers on a Maine island. The experience is marked by happiness and excitement, as well as a hurricane
Moral reasoning in the story focuses on concern for relationships.
The theme of the story is Enjoy and respect nature.
The religion/spirituality in the story is judeo-christian and respect for the religion is shown .
- Ecological Citizenship/Preserving nature
The 4 Component Model
- Ethical Sensitivity - Evidence of concern for others and awareness of the consequences of one's actions.
- Ethical Judgment - Shows characters deliberating about ethical choices.
- Ethical Focus - Addresses the ethical demand in the situation, prioritizing moral goals and responsibilities over selfish interests.
- Ethical Action - Has a character who takes several steps to reach a moral goal and perseveres to complete the ethical action.