Animals of the Bible, A Picture Book
by Helen Dean Fish
Animals of the Bible, A Picture Book is about morality and descriptive of causes . The genre of the story is Mythology/folktale, the setting is Historical.
A book of biblical passages accompanied by a pictorial interpretation of the animals in the bible
Moral reasoning in the story focuses on self concern and concern for relationships.
The theme of the story is Be a good steward of nature.
The religion/spirituality in the story is judeo-christian and respect for the religion is shown .
There is stereotyped male sex role and stereotyped female sex role in the story.
- Altruism/Unselfish care for others
- Ecological Citizenship/Preserving nature
- Destructive to environment/Ecocidal
The 4 Component Model
- Ethical Sensitivity - Evidence of concern for others and awareness of the consequences of one's actions.
- Ethical Judgment - Shows characters deliberating about ethical choices.
- Ethical Focus - Addresses the ethical demand in the situation, prioritizing moral goals and responsibilities over selfish interests.
- Ethical Action - Has a character who takes several steps to reach a moral goal and perseveres to complete the ethical action.