If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
by Laura Numeroff
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie is about morality |. The genre of the story is Comedy, the setting is Fantasy.
A boy gives a mouse a cookie. The mouse then asks for milk and a series of requests begins where the boy generously grants the mouse's wishes. After a long day of requests and the ensuing activities, the boy and the mouse sit down together and enjoy another cookie.
Moral reasoning in the story focuses on concern for relationships.
The theme of the story is Every action has a consequence.
- Altruism/Unselfish care for others
- Hard work
The 4 Component Model
- Ethical Sensitivity - Evidence of concern for others and awareness of the consequences of one's actions.
- Ethical Judgment - Shows characters deliberating about ethical choices.
- Ethical Focus - Addresses the ethical demand in the situation, prioritizing moral goals and responsibilities over selfish interests.
- Ethical Action - Has a character who takes several steps to reach a moral goal and perseveres to complete the ethical action.